Bright Green Business Fund
The community wind turbine, HoTTWind@Longley, is offering a grants to support green ‘carbon saving’ projects run by SME commercial businesses based in the Holme Valley. This new fund is called the Bright Green Business Fund (BGBF) and will be administered by the HoTTWind@Longley Management Board – click to check out the Purpose of the Bright Green Business Fund
The Bright Green Business Fund 2023 is now closed
If you have a new green business idea and would like to apply for support, please check our additional information document and complete the short stage one application using the link below. You will need your main contact details and a brief outline of your idea.
click here to Apply
For information on support for energy audits in schools & community buildings, or for renewable energy projects please continue to the sections below.
First Round Grant Awards 2022
- Two years free HEVRA Membership and EV Maintenance Training – Muslin Hall Garage and Turner Brothers Garage
- Feasibility Study into a Biochar Manufacturing Facility – AKB Environmental Ltd
- Accredited Heat Pump Training and MCS Support – Les Heywood & Son, Millside Heating
- Energy Audits of Three Local Community Buildings – Professional Energy Purchasing Ltd
- Insulation Of Toilet/Shower Block and Installation of a Heat Pump – Holme Valley Camping & Caravan Park
- Feasibility study of Solar PV installations on Three Holme Valley Schools
Free Energy Audits for Schools and Community Buildings
The Bright Green Business Fund is also offering Holme Valley Schools and Community Buildings the opportunity to arrange a free audit that could help identify cost effective energy and water saving measures. If your School or Community group would be interested in taking up this offer then please complete the short form below with main contact details.
Holme Valley Schools – Expression of Interest Form
Holme Valley Community Buildings – Expression of Interest Form
Support for Renewable Energy in the Holme Valley
To explore the possibility of facilitating renewable energy projects in the Holme Valley, the Fund would like to hear from local installers and contractors interested in applying for a grant contribution towards developing aspects of their Renewable Energy work. See below for more information and to express your interest in applying to the fund.
Renewable Energy – Further Information